Along the historical Moçambique channel lies tropical Ilha de Benguerra. It is here that Benguerra Lodge – a unique and incomparable African island paradise – is washed by the warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean.
The Lodge is small and intimate and offers genuine hospitality, personalised service and an intimate knowledge of the natural environment. It has a rich East African/Arabic feel – evinced in both the décor, and the unique and delectable food. The rooms all merge naturally into the surrounding forest and are only moments from the gorgeous silver-white beach of Benguerra Bay.
Benguerra is passionate about conservation and dedicated to the involvement of the local community in conserving this idyllic corner of the world. This is barefoot luxury at its very best!
There are Cabanas built right on the edge of the beach. Romantic and elegant, the suites offer guests the chance to experience the ultimate island getaway.
The Cabanas each have:
- Queen-sized bed with mosquito net
- Large bathroom with bath, shower and outdoor shower
- Overhead fan
- Private deck with jacuzzi/plunge pool and sun loungers
- Tea & coffee making facilities
A home away from home, where the eco conscious traveller can relax and enjoy the spacious and luxurious comforts to be found in this African Island Paradise. The Casita embraces Benguerra’s unique blend of safari chic and Arabic style.
- Each Casita has a Queen size bed with mosquito net
- Tastefully appointed lounge area
- 100m2 of private timber deck with plunge pool
- Outdoor dining gazebo for starlit dinners
Villa Chibuene is the epitome of exclusivity. The luxury furnishings and private facilities make it an ideal place for those wanting unsurpassed comfort and privacy, honeymooners and families.
A personal chef prepares all meals at the Villa, although the main lodge's dining facilities are also available to Villa guests, if desired.
Villa Chibuene has:
- Two double bedrooms (which may be converted into twins)
- Mosquito nets and overhead fans
- En-suite bathrooms with beautiful copper baths
- Outdoor showers with intricate mosaic inlays
- Intimate lounge and dining area
- Personal chef
- Private wooden deck and swimming pool
- Direct beach access